Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer

I am yearning for the summer days as they were when I was still at home with my parents. The cool breeze of AC in the silent pregnant afternoons when my parents were having a nap and my siblings were either resting or silently working in their rooms. I would put on some music in low volume or use my headset to listen to good ones really loud and then sit behind my desk by the window and start sketching. There was a summer I started sketching faces; I loved the face of a boy kid I drew, his eyes were very innocent and his lips so baby like. Then another summer I was mesmerized by horses, heads, and then full bodies, and a painting I finished of a mother and baby horse in front of a barn. I liked this one very much with the mother horse showing such strong legs and solid stand and determined gaze. Later I started sketching feelings; How I felt at the moment and it was so liberating.
I have missed the smell of good quality color pencils.
There was time to read. There was time to work on an English essay. There was time to go out with sisters and friends or to chat with brothers or to bake a cake. I have missed those free days profoundly.
There is still a lot I like to do and I cannot believe or accept that finding time is a challenge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if you were in iran you could have te same experienc even after a few years , but in North America work is the focus

midnight/... said...

May be so. I am not sure though anonymous. I think work is the focus in north america but there is some sort of focus I am not necessarilyy sure I could experience in iran. May be so though... Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Nimeshab joonam :) az dirooz hamash daram be in neveshtat fekr mikonam.... che ghadr khoob neveshtish, inghadr ke man khonaki o sedaye breeze of AC ro toosh hess mikonam :) in ghesmatesh ke gofti :
There was time to work on an English essay. There was time to go out with sisters and friends or to chat with brothers or to bake a cake. I have missed those free days profoundly.

ajiiiiibbb mano borde too fekr .... jeddanaaaaaa there was time for everything!! hatta be nazare man alan tooye Iran ham ke bashi you don't have time! nemidoonam, ehsas mikonam zendegi mosabeghe gozoshte ba man !

Love you,
Goli

Anonymous said...

I am writing again:I had the experience of living in North America for 7 years and then I came back to Iran and surprisingly the time is passing much much slower here and I always have extra time while I was running all the day and I could not do anything before.
Life is very strange ...

midnight/... said...

Oh Goli joonam, I know exactly what you are talking about. The race agaist time! Time! Love you too :)

midnight/... said...

Interesting comment anonymous. Life IS indeed strange. I likde this strangeness I think, most of the time at least ;)