Wednesday, July 25, 2007

rediscovering yoga

I have become a fan of 10 minutes workouts, it is amazingly fast and efficient for the person I have become: no time for gym and no chance for swimming. Despite all these there was something missing.
It was a while since last I had practiced yoga and I was some how deep down longing for it. Today I rediscovered its power on me.
I had a very bad night (being a mom and still nursing and having another interview early in the morning) and had no chance to catch up with my sleeps during the day. At 6 pm I had a very bad headache despite all the water I had had. And water usually cures my headache but not this time. So I decided it was lack of O2 rather than H2O and concluded on practicing some yoga to treat myself. It was a miracle!It is 10:40 pm, no sleep yet but no headache either!

ps- I have not really decided if I am going to write in English from now on. I am writing in English for now though.

8 comments:

Nazy said...

Salam Nimeh Shab Jan. Mobarak basheh! I really missed you. I'm glad you are writing again. Yoga sounds good. I'm glad you are paying attention to your body and soul. When you think about it, nobody else can and will do that for you. Whatever language you use, I'll be your audience my dear! Be good my friend.

midnight/... said...

wow Nazy joon that was fast! Thanks for your comment. For sure I will have new English speaking audience, not so sure about all my Farsi readers though ;)

midnight/... said...

And not so sure about my writing in English either! You know it does not resemble all my emotions, it is hard enough to put some of them even in Farsi.

midnight/... said...

Some how the font does not get fixed! It will gonna take me a while to have this blog up and running I guess.

Anonymous said...

Hi my honey nimeshab :)
mobarak bashe webloge jadid .

Keep in writing in English please as it enriches my vocabulary ;)

BTW, I realy love to know Yoga but I don't :( Have taken any courses for it ?

boooos
Goli

Anonymous said...

It's unbelievable how different kinds of exercises cure most of our ailments.

Happy you are back and healthy.
Please don't forget to ping though :-)

midnight/... said...

Goli joon I was practicing Yoga with different instructor for more than 5 years when I was in Toronto. These days if I want to practice I use TV or video tapes. I totally recommend it. You might find yoga classes at your university gyms.

midnight/... said...

Ali khaan I will ping, thanks for coming here :)