Sunday, March 14, 2010

Princess Midnight

Until two nights ago playing "head to toe" with A, when the card instructed to "name a friend" he named Amogh, his classmate who is a boy a few months younger than him. I was not very thrilled about this friendship for a few reasons. But since Friday he names Kayla as his friend. I am impressed for a few reasons and to name only one: it is a more challenging relationship for him with a talkative girl who is a few months older than him.

Today in the mall I was trying a few dresses. I liked one and I tried it again. A was with me in the fitting room attempting to angle the mirrors for me; not very helpful to me I must say as he did that based on his own point of view. Trying the dress I twirled in front of the mirror and my dress just rose a bit in my spin, a childish thrill. A immediately claimed: "Mommy! You are my princess!" Ah! My heart just melted hearing that from him, especially now despite Kayla! Well, joking aside I had read once that a dad is a girl's first hero/love and I agreed with it; I think now it is true about moms and sons as well. Wont last too long I know, but I am enjoying my new title as long as it lasts!

7 comments:

marzi said...

I have a son and I have my doughter too. the kind of relationship that I have with my son is much more unique and deep than the one with my doughter although he is just 3 years.

midnight/... said...

Thanks maman for your comment. I can imagine what you mean. How old your daughter is I wonder. And why don't you write if you really like it? Just do it, it will flow. And the way I sense it you have a lot to say about your three year old son and your daughter. I would enjoy reading your writings I think :>

marzi said...

my doughter is 5.5. I am kind of a new blogger so I have to admit I feel a bit scared to write in public, but everytime I write this feeling gets weeker.

midnight/... said...

Good for you maman! Way to go :) Let me know please when you decided to go public.

marzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marzi said...

what does it meen here "to go public" exactly?

midnight/... said...

I meant if you are writing but don't have a public blog make it public. But I realized you do have one, emrooz! So I will read it :) Cool! Happy Nowruz in advance to you and your children :)