Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Memphis, TN

My first trip to Tennessee.
First night in Memphis has left me with an interesting impression.
When I got here the sun had already set but I could get a glimpse of the Mississippi river.
After five and a half hours of combined air travels I was feeling tired and a bit stuffy; thought would enjoy some soup.  Alas at the BBQ place we had dinner at there was one choice of salad and no choice of soup.
Post dinner I walked to Beale street with two other colleagues.  The street was closed to traffic and there were bikes parked on both sides of the street at 10PM.  One could hear music, Blues, coming out of the overcrowded bars.
As soon as we turned away from Beale it was deserted and quite.
My hotel room is a large suit, too large for one person.  There is streetcar rumbling below.  It is 11:30 and I am expected at the breakfast bar at 6:30AM.
Good night Memphis!
PS: Working on new ideas...

No comments: