Saturday, July 26, 2014

Japan Day 5

Respectful people
Busy trains
Hot humid weather
Tasty food
Expressionless pedestrians
Deafening cicadas
These have been my observation of Kobe, Japan, in the past few days in July. I wake up early in the morning and go for a run in the hot humid early morning weather, listening to the defeaning sound of cicadas.
On this day 5, which is also a Saturday, my colleague and I got a local guide being a colleague's daughter. Her name is Akiyo. Such a nice young lady. She chaperoned us to Rokko Mountain Music Box Museum. It had been an incredible journey going up the steep mountain by a cable car.  The serene and pure scenery makes one instantly feel calm and content, so pure I found myself praying.





The antique museum of music boxes is inviting making me yearn for my family even more. There is a beautiful little garden in the back of the building with a Lillie pad filled pond.


We got to listen to a "concert" when some of the music boxes were put in play.




It's hot, serene, beautiful and I wish for my family!






No comments: