Sunday, April 5, 2009

In the Hide of the Mountain

I arrive. I am in the round cottage on the top of the mountain, sitting on the floor in the lotus pose thankfully at the presence of the most content people I was so yearning to meet again. The roof has a circlular window to the sky, the stars so close. I can smell the earth. There is a candle burning on the other side of the room. I close my eyes and breathe the presence. Then I wish to pray. The first person in my mind is my lovely Sani, then ... I feel the warmth of my tears on my lips. I love the silent weeping of my heart in the pure presence. And I pray.
All is so purely heartwarming, greatly calming. I am thinking how tiny and invisible my problems truly are. How drossy the ego!
It is time to drive back. It is midnight. I turn on my cellphone and put it back in my purse. There is no reception in the mountain, am I waiting for a call? Really I am longing, patiently and unconditionally.
I am sitting in the back by myself and I like it. I lay on the back sit. The stars in the sky are vanishing as we drive towards the highway. I want to hold on to all the starry moments I just experienced.
We drive a little more and then I hear the beeping sound of my cell. I don't need to take my cellphone out of hide to know about the msg/txt, I know. I was heard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I greatly enjoy reading your poetic entries. You create a feast for the senses with your written word and now I am intrigued to hear your talent on the guitar! Flamenco?

midnight/... said...

I honestly do not deserve all the good words but I greatly appreciate it; makes me happy! Pardon me but no Flamenco of course; I am still in a really early amateur stage.

Sani said...

so, you got there...

midnight/... said...

Yup! Thanks Sani joon for every thing that day!