Monday, August 26, 2013

The Real Taste or the Taste of Real

Suddenly I had both kids kind of sick. The little angel had her two-month-check-up and had to take a slew of vaccines which made her completely drowsy for about 6 hours. Then when I picked up A from school I realized he was not his usual self either. He said he had not eaten nor did he play at lunch, because he missed us he said. But I knew there was something wrong with his well being.
At home I monitored both kids for a few hours regularly and thank God neither developed fever. They just remained drowsy and energy less.
While laying lazily on the couch, A asked for the same soup I had made him last time he was sick. And so I did. Then I decided to bring down the big bulky juicer and make him some "fresh" apple juice. The kind that always reminded me of my childhood when my mom made us fresh juice. The kind with a natural froth that made mustaches for us. I felt delighted to make fresh juice for A actually.
After he took a sip he put the apple juice aside. He claimed that it didn't taste like the ones from store! So he didn't like it!!
Ah! My broken heart.
I said "yes honey. It doesn't taste like the store-bought juice. It's "fresh"!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) elahhhii ! mikhasti barash Orange juice begiri , hatman doost midasht !

boos for your two littles and you ... !

Goli

midnight/... said...

:) yeah! But I had no orange. Plus I'm sure that would be "fresh" too ;)
Boos to you and your little princess...

midnight/... said...

:) yeah! But I had no orange. Plus I'm sure that would be "fresh" too ;)
Boos to you and your little princess...