Monday, September 24, 2007

New shoes

I am in my room, a brief scape from the conference. Every thing is fine about the conference and the hotel. I am in Dessert Spring Resort in the town of Palm Desert, CA. The hotel looks nice, had not much time to explore it yet. The conference is good, have met a couple of nice people. BUT:

My dear M and A are not with me which takes all the glow from all the pretty stuff.

And I made this terrible mistake of buying a new pair of shoes and bringing them with me as my dressy shoes. Turns out the beautiful curve at the back is too stiff. Both my feet are bruised and bleeding now. I am going to put on my sneakers with my formal dress now. I just might swallow any funny look at my shoes. Or no body might even pay attention to them, right?

I have to run down. There is another talk I like to participate in. Oh, and BTW, I got the most surprising look from an attendee about my Iranian background, being educated there as a woman, and being here. Will tell you more about that later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice post on new shoes!!..i always prefer wearing new shoes....so i bought a pair of nike shoes yesterday and iam happy to wear them...