Thursday, July 4, 2013

Notes from A Woman with A Bump: 10 Day Young

My little angel is 10 day young.
She is sleeping better through the night; we put her in her bassinet and she seems pretty comfortable and safe in it.
Yesterday, suddenly my heart went for her as I felt how scary this world should be for her. I wanted to protect her from it all. I wanted to hug her and never let go. She is too tiny, too pure, too soft for this vast cruel harsh world.
We were browsing the BBC newscast with my mom yesterday as M prompted me about the unrest in Egypt. I had read the news from Flipboard.  Does the people know what they want? Do they know the meaning of democracy? Do they value their own vote? Do they know there is no perfect government? There is no perfect "them" for heaven's sake!
There was this news of killing of a 14 year old boy who had allegedly said something about prophet Mohammad in the streets of Aleppo.  There were four gunmen near by who heard him and killed him with two shots on the spot.  His mom just steps away and his brothers near by, witnessing his murder.
Who do you guys think you are? Whom do you think you are defending?  Do you know how many people mocked prophet Mohammad when he was alive? Did he raise his voice on one of them? Do you understand his kindness? Do you have a glipse if his heavenly heart? Whom do you think you are defending? Do you know anything about your prophet? Alas! He is not your prophet. Your guidance is your ferocious animalistic ego you carry within you. But I know.  There is God. And there is justice. And you will see!
I want to protect my kids from this all. How hard!

No comments: